In 2009 the members in the Whistler Slo Pitch League voted to form a non-profit organization to create a functional, successful community based league for adults wanting to play softball in Whistler.
The purposes of the WSPA are:
- To organize the summer season adult slo-pitch leagues in Whistler.
- To provide affordable opportunities to play slo-pitch.
- To cultivate community partnerships with local government and business to aid in the development of the league and facilities.
- To support the organization of additional competitive opportunities such as local, regional, or provincial level tournaments (To grow the sport to benefit the community).
- To provide learning opportunities so that more people will participate in the sport.
- To preserve transparency and accountability to the league membership in all activities of the association.
Organizational Structure of the Association
We have made our best effort to design an association that follows the above mission statement and functions to meet the needs of Whistler’s slo-pitch participants. To achieve this we have put people in roles that suit their interest and abilities.
Board Members (Directors) – volunteers who sit on the board and make decisions in the best interest of the community.
Staff – paid positions that serve important functions in running the leagues, tournaments, and events.
Committee Members – recruited by Board Members to sit on committees and provide valuable input on key issues.
The vision is for everyone to work together to create a successful league.
Blake Allen (2018 - 2020)
Brian Dixon (2017- 2019)
Mike Jansen (2018 - 2020)
Nic Jackson (2018 - 2020)
Karen Garrett (2017 - 2019)
Peter Lawrence (2017 - 2019)
Jon (Gunner) Marquis (2017 - 2019)
Treasurer – David Deally
Head Umpire – Richard Mingotti
League Convenor – Alison Jenkins